You don't have to be world champion to get your hands on Michelin® racing tire technology. Pilot® Power tires use a rubber mix that was originally developed for MotoGP racing, and a tread pattern that covers less than 12% of the tire's surface. The result is a maximum lean angle of 50.6 degrees on dry pavement and 41.9 degrees in the wet, achieved with a stock sportbike.
- Rubber compound reaches operating temperature quickly
- Incredible cornering grip
- Impressive durability for a high-performance tire
- Designed for high-performance sportbikes
- Suitable for street or track use
- MotoGP-derived rubber mix
- Tread pattern covers less than 12% of the tire surface, for phenomenal cornering adhesion
- "These are the best street tires I've ever ridden in my life." -Roadracing World
- Synthetic rubber mix derived from MotoGP tire technology, formulated to maintain consistent performance even at advanced stages of tire wear
- 50.6° maximum lean angle in the dry, as measured at the Michelin test track
(based on 36 reviews)
of respondents would recommend this to a friend.
Reviewed by 36 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
Back to top
Previous | Next »
(4 of 4 customers found this review helpful)
from Vancouver, BC
See all my reviews
Comments about Michelin Pilot Power Motorcycle Tire:
The older-model Pilot Powers are no doubt the best value for money sport tire on the market right now. No other make of tire can offer the same reliable tread life & wet/dry traction for the money as the Pilot Powers. I ordered a set recently with manufacturing dates from mid-2010, so these are still being produced and will come to your door farm-fresh.Great buy!
Was this review helpful? Yes / No
- You may also flag this review
(2 of 2 customers found this review helpful)
best traction of all the tires ive used
from (865) TN
ive used maxxis, metzeler, dunlop, continental, and the only tire i ever had tht competes with the pilot power is avon. even tho they wear a lil faster than harder compound tires i will never use another tire again. im hooked on michelin pilot power. better than the rest. for riders who like to corner hard and push their bike to the limit dnt go with avons next time go for this tire, trust me u wont regret it. i hav them on my CBR600F3 & CBR1000RR, best handling possible with these sticky rubbers on the pavement!!
Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
(1 of 1 customers found this review helpful)
from Huntsville, OH
Most of my riding is aggressive and/or commuting. I stepped up to these from another brand that I found a lot of issues with, such as cupping on the front and fast wear in center of tread. I don't have a either of those problems with the PP. The PP has great traction in all kinds of conditions. I have ridden in rain, cold, hot and all the above. Not a single problem with them. I was surprised how much traction I did get at first in a heavy rain.
from Dillsburg, PA
Excellent smooth ride, huge improvement over the Dunlop Sportsters that were on my ZX-6. [...]
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Know the answer? Answer this question
Do you have a question about this product?
Specifications and Options
Connect with Us